Tuesday 5 October 2010

time passes

I am still waiting for a side room.

I think the doctor hates me. I asked him.

"it's not my job to like or dislike you".

"I'll take that as a Yes then"

I'm pretty sure he's a virgin.

-----------------

I've offered to go home many times but they seem convinced this side-room will appear anytime now. I think they are waiting to see what happens first, room availability or expiration of chemo drugs, which have a short shelf life.

It hasn't been a complete waste of time as I've had some pre-treatment stuff dripped in and some fluids. I also had a temperature of 38.7 yesterday, which gave the nurses something to do.

People might wonder why I want a side-room so badly.

Nurse: MR JOHNSON? MR JOHNSON!
MJ: gnurmph
Nurse: MR JOHNSON...DO YOU LIVE IN A HOUSE?
MJ: gnurghm
Nurse: DO YOU LIVE IN A HOUSE? OR A FLAT?
MJ: I live in a cat
Nurse: You mean you live in a flat?
MJ: no, I live in a cat
Nurse: you live in a cat?
MJ: I live in a cat

Later I heard the nurse tell the sister "we think he lives in a care home ... Or a cat"

This is why I want a side-room.