Wednesday 30 December 2009

not moaning

... and just to show that I don't just do moaning, some happier news.

Today was a 'good' day. Yes, I itch. A lot. But the day was good because I feel a bit more human and a couple of good friends came over and made me forget myself.

Being more interested in Playstation than my boring illness, they hung out all day and it was almost like the Saturdays of yore.

I got taken to pick up a 'script and treated myself to a new Hoover in the process, which they then 'built'. I also bought 'The Hurt Locker' on blu-ray, which we have just sat through (brilliant, tense, 'iraq bomb disposal' movie - highly recommend). We ordered two unhealthy pizzas and my appetite is clearly OK again.

They've just left - and I've noticed that I've got the energy to want to download a new PS3 game and play - something I haven't thought about all Christmas period.

In fact, if I could just stop this insane itching feeling, I would put this down to a very good day. Fingers crossed this is the start of a easier ride until my next treatment on 7th Jan.

Just so you know, I don't moan all the time.

Please be aware, however, that my entire mood now rests on Manchester United beating Hull this evening.

No comments: